I got this working the way you describe it (in the getHighlightQuery()
method). The span queries were tripping it up, so I extracted the query
terms and created a DisMax query from them. There'll be a loss of accuracy
in the highlighting, but in my case that's better than no highlighting.

Should I just go ahead and submit a patch to SOLR-2703?

--
Scott Stults | Founder & Solutions Architect | OpenSource Connections, LLC
http://www.opensourceconnections.com