Hi List,

We use Solr 4.0.2011.12.01.09.59.41 and have a dataset of roughly 40 GB.
Every day we produce a new dataset of 40 GB and have to switch one for
the other.

Once the index switch over has taken place, it takes roughly 30 min for Solr
to reach maximum performance. Are there any hardware or software solutions
to reduce the warm-up time ? We tried warm-up queries but it didn't change
much.

Our hardware specs is:
   * Dell Poweredge 1950
   * 2 x Quad-Core Xeon E5405 (2.00GHz)
   * 48 GB RAM
   * 2 x 146 GB SAS 3 Gb/s 15K RPM disk configured in RAID mirror

One thing that does seem to take a long time is un-inverting a set of
multivalued fields, are there any optimizations we might be able to
use here?

Thanks for your help.
Dan