Hey everyone,

we're running into some operational problems with our SOLR production
setup here and were wondering if anyone else is affected or has even
solved these problems before. We're running a vanilla SOLR 3.4.0 in
several Tomcat 6 instances, so nothing out of the ordinary, but after
a day or so of operation we see increased response times from SOLR, up
to 3 times increases on average. During this time we see increased CPU
load due to heavy garbage collection in the JVM, which bogs down the
the whole system, so throughput decreases, naturally. When restarting
the slaves, everything goes back to normal, but that's more like a
brute force solution.

The thing is, we don't know what's causing this and we don't have that
much experience with Java stacks since we're for most parts a Rails
company. Are Tomcat 6 or SOLR known to leak memory? Is anyone else
seeing this, or can you think of a reason for this? Most of our
queries to SOLR involve the DismaxHandler and the spatial search query
components. We don't use any custom request handlers so far.

Thanks in advance,
-Matthias

--
Matthias Käppler
Lead Developer API & Mobile

Qype GmbH
Großer Burstah 50-52
20457 Hamburg
Telephone: +49 (0)40 - 219 019 2 - 160
Skype: m_kaeppler
Email: matth...@qype.com

Managing Director: Ian Brotherston
Amtsgericht Hamburg
HRB 95913

This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential and/or
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have
received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately
and destroy this e-mail and its attachments. Any unauthorized copying,
disclosure or distribution of this e-mail and  its attachments is
strictly forbidden. This notice also applies to future messages.