(12/03/06 0:11), Donald Organ wrote:
Try to remove tokenizerFactory="**KeywordTokenizerFactory" in your
synonym filter
definition because I think you would want to tokenize the synonym settings
in
synonyms.txt as "floor" / "locker" =>  "storage" / "locker". But if you set
it
to KeywordTokenizer, it will be a map of "floor locker" =>  "storage
locker", and as you
are using WhitespaceTokenizer for your<tokenizer/>  in<analyzer/>, then
if you
try to index "floor locker", it will be "floor"/"locker" (not "floor
locker"),
as a result, it will not match to your synonym map.

Aside, I recommend that you would set<charFilter/>  -<tokenizer/>  -
<filter/>
chain in the natural order in<analyzer/>, though if those are wrong it
won't
be the cause of the problem at all.

OK so I have updated my schema.xml to the following:

<fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100"
omitNorms="false">
           <analyzer type="index">
             <charFilter class="solr.HTMLStripCharFilterFactory"/>
             <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory"
synonyms="synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true" expand="false"/>
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="1"
catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="0" />
words="stopwords.txt" />
             <filter class="solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt" />
             <filter class="solr.RemoveDuplicatesTokenFilterFactory" />
           </analyzer>

I am still getting results for storage locker  and no results for floor
locker

synonyms.txt still looks like this:

floor locker=>storage locker

Hi Donald,

Do you use same SynonymFilter setting to the query analyzer part
(<analyzer type="query">)?

koji
--
Query Log Visualizer for Apache Solr