Hi again Chris,

I finally manage to find some proper time to test your configuration.
First thing to notice is that it worked for me assuming the following
pre-requisites were satisfied:
- you had the jar containing the AnalysisEngine for the RoomAnnotator.xml
in your libraries section (this is actually the uimaj-examples.jar which is
shipped with the UIMA SDK under libs[1]) :
- you had the solr-uima jar in your libraries

the above are done adding the following lines to the solrconfig (usually on
the top of the file just beneath the <luceneMatchVersion> element)

  <lib dir="../../dist/" regex="apache-solr-uima-\d.*\.jar" />
  <lib dir="../../contrib/uima/lib" regex=".*\.jar" />
  <lib dir="/path/to/apache-uima/lib" />

If you want to know what's going wrong I'd advice to not ignore errors
within the UIMAUpdateProcessor configuration:
<bool name="ignoreErrors">false</bool>

What I get if I run your same curl command and then make a *:* query is :

<response>
  <lst name="responseHeader">
   <int name="status">0</int>
   <int name="QTime">2</int>
   <lst name="params">
     <str name="wt">xml</str>
     <str name="start">0</str>
     <str name="q">*:*</str>
     <str name="rows">10</str>
   </lst>
   </lst>
   <result name="response" numFound="1" start="0">
     <doc>
       <str name="id">4</str>
        <str name="content">Test Room HAW GN-K35</str>
        <arr name="UIMAname">
           <str>Hawthorne</str>
         </arr>
      </doc>