On 4/5/2012 1:53 AM, Manish Bafna wrote:
Hi,
Is it possible to define a field as "Counter Column" which can be
auto-incremented.

Manish,

Where does your data come from? Can you add the autoincrement field to the data source?

My data comes from MySQL, where the private key is an autoincrement field. MySQL is very good at autoincrement fields.

Walter, we do have two unique ID values in our system, enforced by MySQL, and it hasn't caused us any problems yet. One is the autoincrement field just mentioned and the other is another id that is specific to our application. We use the autoincrement field to identify deleted documents and as a position indicator for the build program to add new documents to Solr. The other unique field is Solr's uniqueKey.

Thanks,
Shawn