Srini -

This "text" datatype comes as sample configuration in SOLR distribution. Check
this, it may suit your need!

<fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100"
autoGeneratePhraseQueries="true">
      <analyzer type="index">
        <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory"
                ignoreCase="true"
                words="stopwords.txt"
                enablePositionIncrements="true"
                />
        <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1"
generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="1" catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="0"
splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
        <filter class="solr.KeywordMarkerFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
        <filter class="solr.PorterStemFilterFactory"/>
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
        <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory"
                ignoreCase="true"
                words="stopwords.txt"
                enablePositionIncrements="true"
                />
        <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1"
generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="0" catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="0"
splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
        <filter class="solr.KeywordMarkerFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
        <filter class="solr.PorterStemFilterFactory"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>

-Jeevanandam