On Apr 9, 2012, at 9:52 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> I specify -Dcollection.configName=rnicloud, but the admin gui tells me
> that I have a collection named 'collection1'.
>
> And, as reported in a prior email, the admin UI URL in there seems wrong.

Sorry - that param name is not entirely clear I guess - it's the name of the
collection set you are uploading. Later, you could refer multiple Collections
to that set of config files by using that name. In that example, because you
don't override the collection name, it takes the default, which is the SolrCore
name, which is collection1. You can override the collection name to something
else by adding an attrib in solr.xml or using a param with CoreAdmin when
creating a core dynamically. If you don't, it simply uses the SolrCore name for
the name of the collection.

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com