On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 8:51 AM, arunssasidhar <arunssasid...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a PHP web application which is using SOLR for searching. The APP is
> using CURL to connect to the SOLR server and which run in a loop with
> thousands of predefined keywords. That will create thousands of different
> search quires to SOLR at a given time.

Thousands of concurrent queries?  That's normally not a useful metric
unless you have a very strange application.

You normally want to look at the following:
 - throughput (queries per second)
 - latency (how long the queries take - average, 90%, 95%, etc)

-Yonik
lucenerevolution.com - Lucene/Solr Open Source Search Conference.
Boston May 7-10