On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 9:18 AM, mav.p...@holidaylettings.co.uk
<mav.p...@holidaylettings.co.uk> wrote:
> We have an index of about 3.5gb which seems to work fine until it suddenly
> stops accepting new commits.
>
> Users can still search on the front end but nothing new can be committed and
> it always times out on commit.
>
> Any ideas?

Perhaps the commit happens to cause a major merge which may take a
long time (and solr isn't going to allow overlapping commits).
How long does a commit request take to time out?

What Solr version is this?  Do you have any kind of auto-commit set
up?  How often are you manually committing?

-Yonik
lucenerevolution.com - Lucene/Solr Open Source Search Conference.
Boston May 7-10