Another solution is to write a script to read the database and create the
synonyms.txt file, dump the file to solr and reload the core.
This gives you the custom synonym solution.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Krupansky [mailto:j...@basetechnology.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2012 4:54 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: synonyms

I'm not sure I completely follow, but are you simply saying that you want to
have a synonym filter that reads the synonym table from a database rather
than the current text file? If so, sure, you could develop a replacement for
the current synonym filter which loads its table from a database, but you
would have to develop that code yourself (or get some assistance doing it.)

If that is not what you are trying to do, please explain in a little more
detail.

-- Jack Krupansky