Is what I want even possible with XPathEntityProcessor?

It sort of works now - I didn't realize the "flatten" attribute is an attribute
of field instead of entity.

BUT it's still not what I would like.

The XML looks like below and it's nested within
/MedlineCitationSet/MedlineCitation/Article/

<AuthorList CompleteYN="Y">
<Author ValidYN="Y">
<LastName>Starremans</LastName>
<ForeName>Patrick G J F</ForeName>
<Initials>PG</Initials>
</Author><Author ValidYN="Y">
<LastName>van der Kemp</LastName>
<ForeName>Annemiete W C M</ForeName>
<Initials>AW</Initials>
</Author>
<Author ValidYN="Y">
<LastName>Knoers</LastName>
<ForeName>Nine V A M</ForeName>
<Initials>NV</Initials>
</Author>
<Author ValidYN="Y">
<LastName>van den Heuvel</LastName>
<ForeName>Lambertus P W J</ForeName>
<Initials>LP</Initials>
</Author>
</AuthorList>

What I would like to see in the index author field is
<author>Starremans PG, Van der Kemp AW, etc   </author>  note "lastname
Initials",  no forename.

When I set Xpath like this
<field column="author"
xpath="/MedlineCitationSet/MedlineCitation/Article/AuthorList/Author"
flatten="true" />

I get this in the index
<arr name="author">
<str>Starremans Patrick G J F PG</str>
<str>Van der Kemp Annemiete W C M AW</str>
.
.
</arr>
note: the forename field is included

My author field in the schema.xml is
<field name="author" type="textgen" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true" required="false"/>

So is this even possible with XPathEntityProcessor?

Thanks
David

On 5/3/12 8:40 AM, "lboutros" <boutr...@gmail.com<mailto:boutr...@gmail.com>>