Hi,

Solritas (Velocity Response Writer) is NOT intended for production use. The
simple reason, apart from that it is not production grade quality, is that it
requires direct access to the Solr instance, as it is simply a response writer.
You MUST use a separate front end layer above Solr and never expose Solr
directly to the world. So you should feel totally comfortable continuing to use
Solr over HTTP from PHP!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com