On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 2:36 PM, rjain15 <rjai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No. Changing to name:monsters didn't work

OK, but you'll have to do that if you get the other part working.

> Here is my guess, the UpdateJSON is not adding any new documents to the
> existing index.

If that's true, the most likely culprit is your curl on windows (or
the windows shell).
You mentioned removing the single quotes in the curl command?  Perhaps
try replacing all those with double quotes.

C:\Tools\Solr\apache-solr-4.0-2012-05-15_08-20-37\example\exampledocs>C:\tools\curl\curl
"http://localhost:8983/solr/update?commit=true --data-binary" @books.json -H
"Content-type:application/json"

I'd really recommend installing cygwin if you know any unix at all...
not required, but will make your life much easier.

-Yonik
http://lucidimagination.com