Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 4:05 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: defaultSearchField not working after upgrade to solr3.6

: Correct. In 3.6 it is simply ignored. In 4.x it currently does work.

That's not true.

the example cofigs in Solr 3.6 no longer mention defaultSearchField,
but Solr 3.6 will still respect a <defaultSearchField/> declaration if
it exists in your schema.xml -- I just verified this by running Solr 3.6
using hte Solr 3.5 example configs.

The only change SOLR-2274 made to the *CODE* in 3.6 was to improve the
wording in the logs/error messages to better distiguish when it was
refering to the "df" param vs the "<defaultSearchField/>"

Rohit: if you are running 3.6 wit ha schema.xml that contains a
<defaultSearchField> and you are seeing a failure related to not fiding
hte default field, please post your schema.xml and the stack trace of the
error.

-Hoss