Amit, I am using Solr3.6 and directly imported apache-solr-3.6.0.war into
Eclipse (Indigo). I will need to directly invoke a MoreLikeThis(/mlt) call
using a unique id to get MoreLikeThis results.

The hard part is that I need to use a float number field (that i cannot use
mlt.fl or mlt.fq since it's not a string) in the matched document of the MLT
response to find MLT results - this is purely for relevance improvement.

I found a work around that I can use a standard query parameter
fq=Rating:[1.5 TO 2.5]; however, for the run time queries, i have to extract
the rating number from the matched doc(/mlt?q=id:12345) that i dont know how
to extract this at run time.... If the matched rating is 2, for instance,
then i can construct [1.5 TO 2.5] to say that 2 is more like a value within
the range from 1.5 to 2.5....So, the same thing i will encounter if i use a
bf parameter to calculate distance, i will still need to get the Rating
value out of the matched document.