On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Jonatan Fournier
<jonatan.fourn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Jonatan Fournier
> <jonatan.fourn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> But later on when I want to "append" cat3 to the field by doing this:
>
> "mv_f":{"add":"cat3"},
>
> I end up with something like this in the index:
>
> "mv_f":["{add=cat3}"],
>
> Obviously something is wrong with my syntax ;)

Are you using a custom update processor chain?  The
DistributedUpdateProcessor currently contains the logic for optimistic
concurrency and updates.
If you're not already, try some test commands with the stock server.

If you are already using the stock server, then perhaps you're not
sending what you think you are to Solr?

-Yonik
http://lucidimagination.com