On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Nick Koton <nick.ko...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do you have the following hard autoCommit in your config (as the stock
> server does)?
>>     <autoCommit>
>>       <maxTime>15000</maxTime>
>>       <openSearcher>false</openSearcher>
>>     </autoCommit>
>
> I have tried with and without that setting.  When I described running with
> auto commit, that setting is what I mean.

OK cool.  You should be able to run the stock server (i.e. with this
autocommit) and blast in updates all day long - it looks like you have
more than enough memory.  If you can't, we need to fix something.  You
shouldn't need explicit commits unless you want the docs to be
searchable at that point.

> Solrj multi-threaded client sends several 1,000 docs/sec

Can you expand on that?  How many threads at once are sending docs to
solr?  Is each request a single doc or multiple?

-Yonik
http://lucidimagination.com