I am using AbstractSolrTestCase (which in turn uses
solr.util.TestHarness) as a basis for unittests, but the solr
installation is outside of my source tree and I don't want to
duplicate it just to change a few lines (and with the new solr4.0 I
hope I can get the test-framework in a jar file, previously that
wasn't possible). So in essence, I have to deal with the expected
folder structure for all my unittests.

The way I make the configuration visible outside the solr standard
paths is to get the classloader and add folders to it, this way test
extensions for solr without having the same configuration. But I
should mimick the folder structure to be compatible.

Thanks all for you help, it is much appreciated.

roman