Spadez,

I've had some success into using the nicely open data of GeoNames.org but that
was modestly only to fetch zip-code-to-town-name and long-lat associations,
search for "postal-codes".

It would be lovely that some more best practice examples are distributed on how
to handle, e.g., the lon-lat uncertainty.
I still do not know how I could take usefully advantage of a
user-allowed-browser-geolocation which gives me lon/lat. I've seen article on
how to do this with a YUI query thus far.

paul