I see that the new FSTSynonymFilterFactory is only "delegated" for Lucene 3.4 and later.

I vaguely recall that there was also a recent improvement in loading of files for filters.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: Michael McCandless
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2012 11:32 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: synonym file

Actually FST (and SynFilter based on it) was backported to 3.x.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Jack Krupansky <j...@basetechnology.com> wrote:
The Lucene FST guys made a big improvement in synonym filtering in
Lucene/Solr 4.0 using FSTs. Or are you already using that?

Or if you are stuck with pre-4.0, you could do a preprocessor that
efficiently generates boolean queries for the synonym expansions. That
should give you more decent query times, assuming you develop a decent
synonym lookup filter.

Maybe you could backport the 4.0 FST code, or at least use the same
techniques for your own preprocessor.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: Peyman Faratin