This one should work for now:
If you're comfortable with checking out Lucene/Solr and applying a patch, then
you can do it yourself and get it working without any real coding.  You'd have
to use a dummy constant value for 'y' as you index rectangles, and you'd
configure it for non-geospatial.  The unfortunate piece is that 'x' (nor 'y')
can't be the full range of a double, and it's not oriented towards a 'long'
time value.  There's no JIRA issue for a one-dimensional spatial field yet;
that's pretty far down the priority list.  You are certainly not the first that
could use this feature, though.

~ David Smiley