Read through the update processor stuff. Maybe that might suggest a good place to put processing that should occur after all input has been analyzed.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateRequestProcessor

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: ksu wildcats
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:02 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Solr Custom Filter Factory - How to pass parameters?

Thanks for your help. I was able to get it working with using the parameters
from filedtype definition in config files.

I am now stuck on next step.
Can you please tell if there is a way to identify/intercept last token that
gets added to index (across all documents) ?

Here is my scenario
1) I have custom implementation in "incrementToken" method in CustomFilter
2) I am trying to collect all tokens from all documents and then do some
analysis on those tokens and then write the result to database.
3) I have the results saved in-memory and am writing them to database after
last token is parsed.
if (!input.incrementToken()) {
// custom logic that writes the data from in-memory to database
}
4) I noticed that this approach increased too many db calls (one per each
document)
5) To avoid too many calls to database I tried to batch results from
multiple documents and then write them all at once to database but what I
couldn't figure out is how can i determine when to flush the results from
CustomFilter to database.

Is there any method in FilterFactory or Filter class that I can use to know
that Indexing is completed?