Hi,

We have configured replication in our solr setup.

After replication master index size grows to double the size even though
maxNumberOfBackups is not configured in my solrconfig.xml

 Master replication handler

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
    <lst name="master">
        <str name="replicateAfter">optimize</str>
    </lst>
</requestHandler>

 Slave replication handler

<requestHandler name="/replication" class="solr.ReplicationHandler" >
    <lst name="slave">
        <str name="masterUrl">${solr.master.security_pricing.url}</str>
        <str name="pollInterval">00:00:20</str>
        <str name="httpConnTimeout">5000</str>
        <str name="httpReadTimeout">10000</str>
     </lst>
</requestHandler>

 Whether solr takes default maxNumberOfBackups as 1?. If so how can i keep
my index size as original always or is their a way to delete the backup
after replication is completed?

My initial index size at master after first replication is : 246MB.
My initial index size at master after secondreplication is : 492MB.

Is their any way to clear backups in master after replication is done?

 I am using solr1.4 version.

Thanks,
Ravi