Thank you Hoss. I imported the KEYS file using *gpg --import KEYS.txt*.
Then I did the *--verify* again. This time I get an output like this:

gpg: Signature made 08/06/12 19:52:21 Pacific Daylight Time using RSA key
ID 322
D7ECA
gpg: Good signature from "Robert Muir (Code Signing Key) <rm...@apache.org>"
*gpg: WARNING: This key is not certified with a trusted signature!*
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 6661 9BA3 C030 DD55 3625  1303 817A E1DD 322D 7ECA

Is this acceptable ?

Thanks