Hi,

In your field declaration you can specify a "default" value of
something your field will be populated with in absence of any value
and later at search time run filter queries against that value.
Bare in mind that if you want to filter your results based on any
value you *have* to index that value. Simply storing it won't work.

Hope that helps,
Savvas