That looks like a valid Solr date math expression, but you need to make sure that the field type is actually a Solr "DateField" as opposed to simply an integer Unix time value.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: Christian Bordis
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 7:16 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Range operator problems in Chef ( automating framework)

Hi Everyone!

We doing some nice stuff with Chef (http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Home). It uses solr for search but range queries don't work as expected. Maybe chef, solr just buggy or I am doing it wrong ;-)

In chef I have bunch of nodes witch timestamp attribute. Now want search nodes with have timestamp not older than on hour:

search(:node, "role:JSlave AND ohai_time:[NOW-1HOUR TO *]")

Is this string in the call a solr compliant range expression at all? Unluckily, I have no toys at hand to verify this myself at the moment... but I work on this.

Thanks for reading! ^^

Kind Regards,

Christian Bordis