Run a query on both old and new with &debugQuery=true on your query request and
look at the component timings for possible insight.

-- Jack Krupansky

From: Sujatha Arun
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2012 7:26 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Performance Degradation on Migrating from 1.3 to solr 3.6.1

Hi,

On migrating from 1.3 to 3.6.1  , I see the query performance degrading by
nearly 2 times for all types of query.  Indexing performance slight degradation
over 1.3 For Indexing we use our custom scripts that post xml over HTTP.

Any thing that I might have missed . I am thinking that this might be due to
new Tiered MP over LogByteSize creating more segment files and hence more the
Query latency .We are using Compound Files in 1.3  and I have set this to true
even in 3.6.1 ,but results in more segement files

On optimizing the query response time improved beyond 1.3  .So could it be the
MP or am i missing something here . Do let me know

Please find attached the solrconfig.xml

Regards
Sujatha