Hi,

I'm using SolrJ along with EmbeddedServer component in a Tomcat server.
I was wondering why Tomcat couldn't be gracefully shut down and
discovered it was a Solr issue.
When Tomcat is stopped I do call the shutdown methods of both
CoreContainer and EmbeddedSolrServer instances.
But this didn't help.
Then I discovered that each time I was calling the getCore(...)
method, the 'open' method was executed against the core (which consist
in increasing a ref count to the core).
So to properly shut down I have to call the close method of my
SolrCore instance as many times as I called the getCore method.

Why was it done like this? I mean why do I have to close "manually"
all ref counts? Why the shutDown method of CoreContainer doesn't take
care of this?

Regards,
Marc.