Solr has a small query cache, but this does not hold queries for any
length of time, so won't suit your purpose.

The LucidWorks Search product has (I believe) a click tracking feature,
but that is about boosting documents that are clicked on, not specific
search terms. Parsing the Solr log, or pushing query terms to a
different core/index would really be the only way to achieve what you're
suggesting, as far as I am aware.

Processing logs would be preferable anyhow, as you don't really want to
be triggering an index write during each query (assuming you have more
queries than updates to your main index), and also if this is for
building a suggester index, then it is unlikely to need updating that
regularly - every hour or every day should be more than sufficient. You
could write a SearchComponent that logs queries in another format,
should the existing log format not be sufficient for you.

Upayavira