On 10/9/2012 3:02 PM, Briggs Thompson wrote:
*Otis* - jstack is a great suggestion, thanks! The problem didn't happen
this morning but next time it does I will certainly get the dump to see
exactly where the app is swimming around. I haven't used
StreamingUpdateSolrServer
but I will see if that makes a difference. Are there any major drawbacks of
going this route?

One caveat -- when using the Streaming/Concurrent object, your application will not be notified when there is a problem indexing. I've been told there is a way to override a method in the object to allow trapping errors, but I have not seen sample code and haven't figured out how to do it. I've filed an issue and a patch to fix this. It's received some comments, but so far nobody has decided to commit it.

Shawn