Sent: Monday, October 15, 2012 5:38 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org ; rogerio.ara...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Multicore setup is ignored when deploying solr.war on Tomcat 5/6/7

: on Tomcat I setup the system property pointing to solr/home path,
: unfortunatelly when I start tomcat the solr.xml is ignored and only the

Please elaborate on how exactly you pointed tomcat at your solr/home.

you mentioned "system property" but when using system properties to set
the Solr Home" you wnat to set "solr.solr.home" .. "solr/home" is the JNDI
variable name used as an alternative.

if you look at the logging when solr first starts up, you should ese
several messages about how/where it's trying to locate the Solr Home Dir
... please double check that it's finding the one you intended.

Please give us more details about those log messages related to the solr
home dir, as well as how you are trying to set it, and what your directory
structure looks like in tomcat.

If you haven't seen it yet...

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat

-Hoss