Hi,

I have indexed from a database. I have specified a field type laptop. In
the database, laptop has the value equal to Dell. I can search laptop:
Dell from the database with the following command.

http://localhost:8983/solr/db/select/?q=laptop:Dell&start=0&rows=4&fl=laptop

Can i search for just the query string dell without specifying that it is
of field type laptop?

Below is my data-config and schema.xml file:

data-config.xml:

<dataConfig>
    <dataSource driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
url="jdbc:mysql://localhost/camerasys" user="root"
      password= "123" />
    <document>
        <entity name="computer"
                query="SELECT * FROM computer">
                <field column="laptop" name="laptop"/>

        </entity>
    </document>
</dataConfig>

schema.xml:
    <field name="laptop" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="true"/>
   <uniqueKey>laptop</uniqueKey>

Romita Saha