This is a common approach to this problem, having separate
cores keeps the apps from influencing each other when it comes
to term frequencies & etc. It also keeps the chances of returning
the wrong data do a minimum.

As to how many cores can fit, "it depends" (tm). There's lots of
work going on right now, see: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/LotsOfCores.

But having all those cores does allow you to expand your system
pretty easily if you do run over the limit your hardware can handle, just
move the entire core to a new machine. Only testing will tell
you where that limit is.

Best
Erick

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 7:18 AM, Parvin Gasimzade <parvin.gasimz...@gmail.com