Am 31.08.2012 13:35, schrieb Erick Erickson:
... what would the correct behavior
be for "sorting on a multivalued field"

Hi Erick,

in generally you are right, the question of multivalued fields is which value the reference is. But there are thousands of cases where this question is implicit answered. See my example "...&sort=max(datefield) desc&...." It is obvious, that the newest date should win. I see no reason why simple filters like max can't handle multivalued fields.

Now four month's later i still wounder, why there is no pluginable function to map multivalued fields into a single value.
eg. "...&sort=sqrt(mapMultipleToOne(FQN, fieldname)) asc&..."

Uwe
(Sorry late reaction)