On 1/8/2013 2:33 PM, Uomesh wrote:
Hi Solr Experts,

Could you please suggest how many cores we can have on a single solr
instance? support we have 8 slaves running in a load balancing enviornment,
can we have around 800 cores on each slave instance?

I saw a pending request SOLR-1293 which will support lots of core but that
is not yet fixed.

There's really no way to answer your question. It depends on resource availability (primarily I/O on disk and network, RAM, disk space) versus how much of those resources each core will consume.

Whether or not you can get 800 cores to perform well will depend on a lot of variables. There are no inherent limitations in Solr that would prevent you from creating cores well beyond 800.

Thanks,
Shawn