On 1/9/2013 9:41 AM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
With maxThreadCount at 1 and maxMergeCount at 6, I was able to complete
full-import with no problems.  All mysql (5.1.61) server-side timeouts
are at their defaults - they don't show up in my.cnf and I haven't
tweaked them anywhere else either.

A full import for me consists of six simultaneous imports into six Solr
cores, each of which is over 12 million rows.  It takes three hours, and
each of those six imports creates a 16GB index on Solr 4.1-SNAPSHOT,
22GB on Solr 3.5.0.  There is a seventh import as well, but it only does
a few hundred thousand rows.  That one finishes before any major merging
takes place.

Full timeout info:

mysql> SHOW SESSION VARIABLES LIKE '%timeout%';
+----------------------------+-------+
| Variable_name              | Value |
+----------------------------+-------+
| connect_timeout            | 10    |