On 1/9/2013 11:48 AM, ddineshkumar wrote:
I forgot to mention.When I add documents to SOLR, I add it in batches of 50.
Because my table has a lot of records, I have to do in batches due to memory
constraints. The 'Communication error' occurs only for some batches. For
other batches, documents get added properly.  And also, I am including the
stack trace just in case if it helps.

If it sometimes works and sometimes you get the communications error, then I would guess that you are running into long garbage collection pauses on your Solr server that make Solr unresponsive long enough for the next update to time out. Garbage collection tuning is an art form with a million different styles. You could try increasing the php client timeouts.

Thanks,
Shawn