Does anyone have a great tutorial for learning the solr query language,
dismax and edismax?
I've searched endlessly for one but I haven't been able to locate one that
is comprehensive enough and has a lot of examples (that actually work!).
I also tried to use wildcards, logical operators, and a phrase search and it
either didn't work or behave the way I thought it would.

for example, I tried to search a multivalued field solr.title and a content
field that contains their phone number (and a lot of other data)
so, from the solr admin query page;
in the q field i tried lots of variations of this-> solr.title:*Costa,
Julie* AND content:tel=
And I either got 0 results or ALL the results.
solr.title would only work if I put in solr.title:*Costa* but not anything
longer than that. Even though there are plenty of Costa, J's (John, Julie,
Julia, Jerry etc)
I should be able to do a phrase search out of the box, shouldn't I?
I also read on one site that only edismax can use logical operators but I
couldn't get that to work either.
I'm currently using Solr 4.0 Final with ManifoldCF v 1.2 dev

Thank you,