Are you using eDismax? Maybe your ID field is not part of the search fields
or not a high priority. And, just maybe, you are doing a copyField * to
text and the text splits the ID into parts. Enable the debug on your query
and you should be able to figure it out.

Regards,
   Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)