Hi,
Thanks for the reply. In my application, I am using some servlets to receive
the request from user since I need to authenticate the user and adding
conditions like userid=xxxx before sending the request to Solr Server using
one of the two approaches

1) Using SolrServer
SolrServer server = new CommonsHttpSolrServer(.....);
ModifiableSolrParams params = new ModifiableSolrParams();
params.set(....);
QueryResponse response = server.query(params);

2) Using URLConnection
ModifiableSolrParams params = new ModifiableSolrParams();
params.set(....);
String paramString = params.toString();

URL url = new URL("http://localhost:8080/solr/select?"+paramString);
URLConnection connection = null;
try
{
        connection = url.openConnection();
}
catch(Exception e)
{
        e.printStackTrace();
}

..... reading the response

All I am doing is using SolrJ APIs. So, please tell me how I can get
SolrQueryRequest object or anything like that to get the instance of
QParserPlugin. Is it possible to create SolrQueryRequest  from
HttpServletRequest? I would like to use SolrJ to create Lucense Query from
Solr query (but I do not know whether it is possible or not)

Regards
Sabeer