I don't have the source handy. I believe that SolrCloud hard-codes 'id' as the field name for defining shards.

On 02/04/2013 10:19 AM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
On 2/4/2013 10:58 AM, Lance Norskog wrote:
A side problem here is text analyzers: the analyzers have changed how
they split apart text for searching, and are matched pairs. That is, the
analyzer queries are created matching what the analyzer did when
indexing. If you do this binary upgrade sequence, the indexed data will
not match what the analyzers do. It is not a major problem, but queries
will not bring back what you expect.

Also, in 4.x, the unique field has to be called 'id' and every document
needs a '_version_' field.

My unique field isn't called 'id' ... it's called 'tag_id' ... what features will I be unable to use properly?

Thanks,
Shawn