Hi Teun,

In the past I've done this by creating a separate field that contains just the
first letter of the original field, and faceting on that.  So say you've got a
'colour' field with contents [red, yellow, blue], then you'd add a
'colourPrefix' field with contents [r, y, b] and facet/filter on that.

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk