I would recommend reading up on Lucene scoring, there's a lot to
understand there.

The join query parser (triggered by the use of {!join} syntax) searches
for a list of documents matching the term specified, and provides a list
of matching IDs. It then performs a second search based upon those IDs.
It is that second search that will be scored, but given you are just
using IDs, there's no scoring to be done.

Given that your joining term 'jeans' will exist in documents on both
sides of the join, you could say:

http://localhost:8983/solr/ee/select?fq={!join%20from=oxparentid%20to=oxid}jeans&q=jeans

That would cause the term 'jeans' to be scored (the more common the term
in a document, the higher it scores, etc).

But by the sounds of it, it would be useful for you to understand better
how scoring calculations are done, so you can see *why* a score would be
the way it is.

Upayavira