From: qungg [mailto:qzheng1...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:55 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Slow performance on distributed search

for start=100,000&row=10. event though each individual shard take only < 10ms
to query, the merging process done by controller would take about a minutes.

By looking at logs, each shard is giving the controller shard 100,010 rows of
data, and because there are 40 shards in total, the controller is getting
100,010*40 rows of data, therefore merging is taking a long time.

I have not tried solr cloud, does any one know the performance of query large
start row on solr cloud?