From: Liz Sommers [mailto:lizswo...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2013 9:39 AM
To: solr-user
Subject: How does solr 4.2 do in returning large datasets ?

I thought I remembered reading that Solr is not good for returning large
datasets.  We are currently using lucene 3.6.0 and returning datasets of
10,000 to 60,000 results.  In the future we might need to return even larger
datasets.

Would you all recommend going to Solr for this, or should we stick with Lucene
(which has given us no problems in this regard)?  I am a bit wary of using a
web service to return datasets of this size.

Thanks a lot
Liz
lizswo...@gmail.com