Collection API is a wrapper for the CORE API,

If you don't want that the API defines the name for you, then use the CORE API,
you can define the collection name and the shard id.

curl
'http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=CREATE&name=corename&collection=collection1&shard=XX'

--
Yago Riveiro