I cannot emphasize strongly enough that you need to _prove_ you have
a problem before you decide on a solution! Do you have any evidence
that solrcloud can't handle the load you intend? Might a better approach
be just to create more shards thus spreading the load and get all the
HA/DR goodness of SolrCloud?

So far you've said you'll have a "heavy" load without giving us any numbers.
10,000 update/second? 10 updates/second? 1 query/second? 100,000
queries/second? 100,000 documents? 1,000,000,000,000 documents?

Best
Erick