Hi Edd;

The parameters you mentioned are JVM parameters. There are two ways to
define them.
First one is if you are using an IDE you can indicate them as JVM
parameters. i.e. if you are using Intellij IDEA when you click your
Run/Debug configurations there is a line called VM Options. You can write
your paramters without writing "java" word in front of them.

Second one is deploying your war file into Tomcat without using an IDE (I
think this is what you want). Here is what to do:

Go to tomcat home folder and under the bin folder create a file called
setenv.sh Then add that lines:

#!/bin/sh
#
#
export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS
-Dbootstrap_confdir=./solr/collection1/conf
-Dcollection.configName=myconf -DzkRun
-DzkHost=localhost:9983,localhost:8574,localhost:9900 -DnumShards=2"