"blandars its not giving correction as blender"

They have an edit distance of 3. Direct Spell is limited to a maximum ED of 2.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message----- From: Rohan Thakur
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2013 8:45 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: solr spell correction help

hi all

I have configured solr direct spell correction on spell field most of the
words solr is correcting and giving suggestions but on some words like
mentioned below is giving absurd results:

1) blender(indexed)
2) kettle(indexed)
3) electric(indexed)

problems:
1) when I search for blandar its giving correct result as blender but when
I search for blandars its not giving correction as blender

2) for this when I search for kettle the correct spell its still showing it
to be false but not giving suggestions and even the results documents are
showing up. and when I search for cettle its giving correct result as
kettle but when I search for cattle its not giving any suggestions.

3) for this again when I search for electric the correct spell its showing
it to be false in suggestions section but not giving any suggestions and
documents are also returning for this spelling as its the correct one.

even if I want solr to return samsung as spell suggetion if I search for
sam what could be the configuration and what could be the solution for
above problems? please help.

thanks in advance

regards
Rohan